November 9, 2022 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
BWA Bissinger Room
157 S Jefferson St Spokane, WA 99201
Street parking available, onsite parking available after 5:00 PM
Cost: $20 per person
About the Event:
Collaboration, trust, and open communication are the foundation of a successful project. Design-Build project delivery fosters these things by integrating design and construction partners with owners into one team at the optimal time. This requires an evolution of business as usual. From project procurement to construction completion, Design-Build is a significant paradigm shift from more traditional delivery models.
Inland Northwest DBIA board members will introduce Design-Build basics in a thoughtful and engaging way. We will share the common “dos and don’ts”, must know terminology, the nuts and bolts of building successful teams, and the basic things to know about project delivery.
The key takeaways from our Design-Build 101 program are to generate a basic understanding of Basic Design-Build concepts that can be built upon to support successful teaming and projects.
Attendees will gain an understanding of:
- Basic Delivery Method Vocabulary
- Basics of Building a Design-Build team
- Design-Build project delivery, i.e., costing, risk, timelines, etc.
- Josh Chrisman, DBIA, Project Manager, Walker Construction | President IN DBIA
- Blanca Rodriguez, Assoc. Architect, Integrus Architecture | Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion & Young Professionals, IN DBIA
- Rob Decker, Sr. Project Manager, Garco Construction | Vice-President, IN DBIA
- Jonathan Miller, Sr. Project Manager – OAC Services | Sponsorship, IN DBIA
- Rebecca Matlack, Sr. Civil Engineer, Coffman Engineers | Programs Committee, IN DBIA
- Becky Blankenship, DBIA, 1st VP – Pacific NW Operations Manager, Hill International | Board Member, at Large, IN DBIA
- Tina Campanella, Business Development & Marketing, Integrus Architecture | Programs Committee, IN DBIA
- Vince Campanella, VP Operations, Lydig Construction | Legislative Committee, IN DBIA
Colin Anderson, DBIA, Program Manager, Hill International