Student chapters at OSU, U of O, Portland State, and WSU are actively growing. More members and events, competitions, and partnership programs. Thanks to all the faculty advisors and student leaders for bringing DBIA to the forefront.
Oregon State University
- Student chapter has 75+ members after only two chapter events
- Four more chapter events are planned for the Spring term
- DBIA competition is being developed
- Construction Engineering Management, Civil Engineering, and Architectural Engineering students are invited to apply for the DBIA NW scholarship
University of Oregon
- DB 101 – Introductory course for Design-Build to be hosted to gather interest. the Head of the Department of Architecture at UO is helping with this event.
- Looking to establish the 2nd student chapter after the event.
- Architecture students are invited to apply for the DBIA NW Scholarship
Portland State University
- Developing partnership programs and gathering interests for a student chapter – championed by the School Head.
- Civil and Environmental Engineering students are invited to apply for the DBIA NW Scholarship.
Washington State University
WSU welcomes their new DBIA Faculty Advisor, Darhl Edwards, who comes directly from the industry with 26 years of Design-Build experience. On March 2, 2022, jubilant cries of celebration were heard as the WSU DBIA Student Chapter held successful elections for officers for the first time in two years. It took a major effort by Darhl with help from Student Chapter President-Elect, Oliver Lawrence, and many members. They held informational sessions and distributed fliers to re-establish DBIA interest at WSU. The fruits of their labor were well rewarded with 48 new DBIA members and enough interest for three competition teams. There is no rest for the wicked, as there is much to get organized and prepared for quickly. Be on the lookout for this amazing group of individuals at future events, conventions, meetings, and competitions.